Family Based Immigration

High Quality Immigration Services

Family-Based Immigration Lawyer in Greer

Helping Families With Immigration Matters

At Colón Law Firm, we understand the hardships endured by the immigrants who have come to our country seeking a better life. In today’s world, many individuals have gone through the complex U.S. immigration process with the hope of bringing their loved ones here. Confronting the procedures, requirements, and immigration officials can be a daunting task for many people. The laws are complicated, and the path may seem uncertain. Proper legal guidance and support can make the task significantly easier.

Our Greer family-based immigration attorney has helped countless individuals with their family immigration problems. Whether you are a Green Card holder or a United States citizen, we know how to navigate the U.S. immigration system to help you legally sponsor family members into this country. We offer experienced advice and assistance on all issues pertaining to family immigration. Our firm serves all nationalities; our multilingual services easily accommodate the Hispanic and Portuguese communities.

Want to sponsor a family member? Call Colón Law Firm to schedule a consultation with our Greer immigration lawyer a (864) 697-2870.

What Family Members Can Be Sponsored?

Only U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents (Green Card holders) can sponsor certain family members through visa applications.

U.S. citizens can sponsor immediate relatives who have immigration priority such as:

  • Spouses
  • Unmarried children under the age of 21
  • Parents (as long as the citizen is 21 or older)

U.S. citizens can also petition for Green Cards for other family members based on order of preference, such as:

  • Unmarried children aged 21 or older
  • Married children aged 21 or older
  • Siblings (as long as the citizen is 21 or older)

Legal permanent residents may sponsor the following, in order of preference:

  • Spouses
  • Unmarried children under the age of 21
  • Unmarried children older than 21

The Process for a Family-Based Immigration Petition

There are several paths you can take to sponsoring your family members, depending on a number of factors.

  • If your family member is already living in the United States, they can use Form I-485 to adjust their status and obtain a Green Card after a visa number is available.
  • If your family member is outside the United States, they can go through "Consular Processing." The National Visa Center, or NVC, would receive your petition. When a visa number is available, they will then forward your petition to a U.S. consulate. Your relative will then be notified about the next steps to take.

The length of time your family member will need to wait for a visa number will depend on their preference category.

How Can Colón Law Firm Help?

We understand the difficulties you may be facing when trying to confront the U.S. immigration system. Our Greer family-based immigration lawyer can answer all of your questions, tell you exactly what is needed, and put together a thorough application that is accurate per the law. We are here to provide you with the support you need and help smooth the way for you and your family as legal residents of this country.

Call us at (864) 697-2870 to get started on your case today.

Get the Help You Deserve From Our Trusted Legal Team

Schedule a Consultation Today
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.