There for You When You Need Us High Quality Immigration Legal Services

Greer Employment Visa Lawyer

Assistance for Employers of Foreign National Workers

In today’s global economy, it is often necessary or advantageous for businesses to bring foreign nationals to the United States to fill work positions. If you are looking to achieve this or if you need legal assistance to ensure that you are remaining in compliance with U.S. immigration law regarding foreign workers on your staff, you can turn to Colón Law Firm.

Our firm focuses entirely on U.S. immigration law, serving clients throughout Greenville and Spartanburg counties with all employment-based immigration matters. We are available to consult with you and provide effective legal representation and guidance on all hiring and compliance issues. Our aim is to provide the legal services which meet your needs and objectives.

Request a consultation about your case with our Greer employment visa attorney at (864) 697-2870 or through our online form.

Employment-Based Visa Options & Procedures

For those who wish to work in the U.S., and for employers who wish to hire foreign nationals, different options apply.

Individuals who wish to work here must either have a Green Card, a work permit called an Employment Authorization Document, or an employment-based visa obtained through their prospective employer.

A certain number of employment-based visas are issued every year to those who qualify under immigration law. These are nonimmigrant visas, but are distinct from temporary worker visas and business visas. In general, the employer must obtain an approval from the Department of Labor in order to file a petition for his or her proposed foreign national worker.

Categories for these prospective workers have been created for application purposes. Each category has an annual limited number of visas available. Petitions are reviewed and visas granted on a first-come-first-served basis.

Employment-based visa categories include:

  • E1 - Individuals with extraordinary ability, outstanding professors and researchers, and multinational managers or executives
  • E2 - Advanced degree holders and persons with exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, or business
  • E3 - Skilled workers, professionals, and unskilled workers seeking non-seasonal positions requiring less than two years of training
  • E4 - Special immigrants, including broadcasters, religious workers, and Iraqi and Afghan translators
  • E5 - Immigrant investors who are investing in new commercial enterprises to create jobs in the United States

Spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21 may also file petitions to accompany or join their family member in traveling and residing here temporarily during the employment stay.

All documentation and requirements under the law must be fulfilled for visas to be granted. Depending on your immigration situation, you may be required to provide:

  • A valid passport
  • Birth or marriage certificates
  • Medical examination forms
  • Proof of your extraordinary or exceptional ability

Bring Your Case to Our Client-Focused Law Firm

At Colón Law Firm, our clients matter to us. Immigration law is all we do, and that concentration allows us to focus on creating personalized interaction with the people who seek our help. We encourage you to bring your employment immigration issue to us so that we can demonstrate our dedication to helping you achieve your objectives.

Contact our Greer employment visa lawyer today at (864) 697-2870.

What Sets Colón Law Firm Apart?

Our Priority and Focus is on You
  • Personalized Service

    A tailored approach depending on your unique needs and goals.

  • High Quality Representation

    Access to a team of professionals specializing in immigration matters

  • Constant Communication

    Kept fully informed regarding the status of your case at all times.