Adjustment of Status / Green Cards

High Quality Immigration Services

Greer Immigration Attorney: Secure Your Green Card

Legal Green Card Assistance in Greenville & Spartanburg Counties

Green cards are the identification cards which designate the holder as a “Lawful Permanent Resident” according to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). These cards are issued to individuals who enter the U.S. legally on immigrant visas. They are also issued to individuals with visas already residing in the U.S. through a process called adjustment of status (AOS). In both cases, the person will have to meet the strict requirements of the USCIS in order to be approved for a Green Card.

For help with green cards or the adjustment of status procedure, call Colón Law Firm at our number (864) 697-2870 or request a consultation online.

Depending on your circumstances, obtaining a green card can be a complicated and confusing process. Constant changes in immigration law can also increase the uncertainty involved in the procedure. If you need help in obtaining or renewing a green card for yourself or a family member, Colón Law Firm offers experienced advice and assistance. Our green card lawyers in Greer serve all communities in and around Greenville and Spartanburg counties, offering legal support in both Spanish and Portuguese. Our goal is to help you meet your immigration goals so you and your family can live and work in the U.S. free of uncertainty.

Who Is Eligible for a Green Card?

Green cards are available to immigrants in many categories that have been set up by USCIS.

These categories include:

  • Family-based Green Cards
  • Employment-based Green Cards
  • Special immigrant Green Cards
  • Green Cards for refugees or persons seeking asylum
  • Green Cards for victims of human trafficking, crimes, or abuse
  • Green Cards through the Department of State’s diversity visa lottery
  • Green Cards through registry as having been a continuous U.S. resident since before January 1, 1972

Once you have obtained a green card, you have the right to permanently live and work in this country. You may also be eligible to receive other benefits as well, such as for health care, education, and more.

Adjusting Your Status: Pathway to Permanent Residency

Immigrants living in the U.S. may be able to adjust their immigration status with the USCIS without having to go through visa processing in their country of origin.

If you are eligible to obtain a green card, the process of adjusting your status usually proceeds as follows:

  • You or a sponsor, such as a family member or employer, files an immigrant petition and application for a green card based on your immigrant category and visa availability, if applicable
  • File Form I-485
  • Attend an appointment at the local Application Support Center (ASC) to verify your identity through biometrics and certify your application was correct and complete
  • If necessary, attend an interview with USCIS officials
  • If necessary, submit additional evidence to support your Form I-485 filing

Our attorneys can support you throughout this process, offering our guidance and counsel on all filings and paperwork. If your case has been denied, we can help you file a motion to reopen and reconsider the USCIS’s decision.

Secure Your Future in the U.S. with a Green Card

Whatever your circumstances, our Greer green card lawyer can provide the legal guidance you need to effectively get through this complex immigration process. Our practice is one entirely devoted to immigration law, which gives us an advantage in this challenging legal field.

Contact Colón Law Firm for Trusted Green Card Guidance at (864) 697-2870 today.

Get the Help You Deserve From Our Trusted Legal Team

Schedule a Consultation Today
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.